It’s never too early to talk fantasy football, right? Right. So, with that in mind, let’s go ahead and take a look at the five best keeper-league running backs. These are the leagues where you’re keeping anywhere from 1-5 players (in most instances). Obviously who you keep will depend on how many players you’re allowed to hold, but let’s check out the five best options to hold over.
- Todd Gurley, Los Angeles Rams
- Le’Veon Bell, Pitsburgh Steelers
- Devonta Freeman, Atlanta Falcons
- David Johnson, Arizona Cardinals
- Lamar Miller, Houston Texans
- Doug Martin, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Thomas Rawls, Seattle Seahawks
- Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings
- Mark Ingram, New Orleans Saints
- T.J. Yeldon, Jacksonville Jaguars
There’s a few that probably jump off the page here, but for the top three players, their workload is what really pushes them to the top. Not to mention, all three are ridiculously young with incredible upsides. Johnson’s in an interesting spot at No. 4, but even with Chris Johnson back in town, he should still be the go-to player in the run game, as well as their featured pass-catching back.
Out of the entire list, I’d have to say Miller is probably one of my favorites. The Miami Dolphins essentially refused to give him a heavy workload, but you can bet that Houston won’t have an issue putting the ball in his hands as much as possible.
These are just the pre-draft rankings, and will be updated as the season gets closer!
Image via FOX Sports